Mid January Hatch thread....

Oh, I want to join you guys!! I got 12 GLW from Hot2Pot, and they're due 1/8. Two started weeping gunk within a day or two, so I tossed them. I put three more in an iffy incubator, and I think it cooked them. I have the remaining 7 in my brinsea mini advance. I candled today, at day 9, and I saw moving little wigglers in all seven.

All of them have kind of goofy air cells (I'm giving YOU the hairy eyeball, US Post Office...), so I'm hoping they can hatch ok.

I've successfully hatched eggs one other time, and that time, I had the eggs under a broody until day 20, and then stuck them in my brinsea for the final day so that the kids could watch them hatch. I did use netting to separate out the broody from the rest of the hens. I kept finding "extras" in the nest box- other hens kept going in and laying eggs on top of her. My henhouse isn't that big, and I didn't really have anywhere else for her to go. So, using some plastic mesh stuff, I put that up, which effectively cut the other chickens off from about 1/3 of the house. It seemed to work well.

I have 48 eggs from hot2pot also, we are so excited,they were set 25th of dec,and are due on the 15th of jan. will be a mixed hatch Silkie,polish,BO,BA, DB,SS,LO,RIR,GLW so excited! We also have a hatch coming on jan 14th also I think,those are from local maran eggs!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Fuzzy Butts EVERYWHERE!!! I'm only heading towards day three, but hubby tells me I'm acting like a new mom... I'm so glad I will have others to share this with! Good luck chick-among-us and Sphinx! I'm glad you joined us! I want pictures! I'm going to put one up as soon as I get a good one of all my babies in their incubator....

Well, I'll certainly join ya!

I have about 50 eggs in the 'bator due to hatch around the 12th of January.

One of my Silkies also decided to go broody on me, so I put some eggs underneath her as well.

I'm so glad I'm not the only insane addict who's hatching in the middle of WINTER!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom