Mid January Hatch thread....

ambrosia

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
Anyone with anything new to post for ppl hatching in Mid January? Any one willing to offer help for us hatching at this time??? Post here please....

I hope it turns out ok.

I know that everyone strives for perfection here, but I feel like little fluctuations happen in the wild all the time (well, wild meaning in the chicken coop ha ha), and it turns out ok.

Update....

Finally went to bed at 10:00, couldn't stay awake any longer. I had just witnessed number 7 be born, and he was one I was worried about, so I went to sleep. Woke up at 4:00 to check on them, and I had 10 more! And I have 3 more pips! I was hoping for a 30% hatch rate, because they are shipped eggs that came so far in the cold and I'm brand new to this...guess it worked much better than that!! Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to Hot2Pot for knowing her stuff with packing!!!

I will upload a picture as soon as I have a little more coffee in me lol

I'll join you. I have 20 bantam and silkie eggs from luckypickens and 12 Easter eggers from hot2pot:). They are due on the 12th
fl.gif

IM HERE NOW!!! Jan 12th..... Going to candle and cull here in 2-3 days..... I have 3 Ameraucana Bantams, 3 RIR and 3 Self Blue OEGB. I really don't think the OE are fertile... I'm sure I saw the "disc" in one of the Amer eggs....

April

Last edited:
All of mine are Hot2Pot! 27 beautiful wee ones in the making! GLRW, BO, and some pretty EE's....yay!!!!

We are "due" on the 14th, anyone wanting to put in their two cents worth or critique would be great! lets have a great hatch!

Quote:
Best of luck to you! I know I can use all the buddies I can get during my first hatch
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom