Mid January Hatch thread....

Emptywagon2, my thermostat crashed not long after the eggs were set, and I don't know how long as this was when I woke up and found it. I had another coolerbator running in the basement as an experiment, and swapped out the thermostats and everything has been good since. Not sure how long it would take to swap out the stat on your's, mine only took a few minutes.

I think that is my problem... I moved the eggs to the LG & praying that they make it.

Have you double checked that your thermometer is accurate? I'd double check that too.

I don't think it was the thermometer... I had two different kind & they both read the same. Ugh! I should have known something was going to happen...things were too perfect!

I know how you feel... so frustrating!!!!

Right now my humidity is at 78% and I'm praying its okay, because I don't know how to lower it lol
he.gif

I hope it turns out ok.

I know that everyone strives for perfection here, but I feel like little fluctuations happen in the wild all the time (well, wild meaning in the chicken coop ha ha), and it turns out ok.

I ended up with 2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 Polish, 1 SLW and two yellow with what appears to be muffs. Not too shabby for shipped eggs. I'm very happy. If it wasn't for the shippers great packing none of them might have made it.

so... a 50% hatch rate. That's great for shipped eggs! Pictures would be great because my eggs are from Hot2Pot too, and I wanna see some little fuzzy butts!!!!

I need to just chill... My DH tinkered with the thermostat and got it working again...the eggs are still in the LG..it is holding good temp now. IF the sportsman continues to hold too, I will move the eggs back in tomorrow. I need to remember that hens do not have thermometers or hydrometers.. & they get better hatches. No more stressing..at least until hatch time!!
wink.png

so... a 50% hatch rate. That's great for shipped eggs! Pictures would be great because my eggs are from Hot2Pot too, and I wanna see some little fuzzy butts!!!!

Ambrosia, my eggs were from Hot2Pot, if you want to check out my chicks. I had a 67% hatch rate with 6 hatching. There was a 7th that formed fully and died in shell, and that would've brought it up even more.

Back
Top Bottom