Mid January Hatch thread....

Quote:
oh yeah, that shows some development.
and I had a few that looked dark like that with only an air pocket left at one end. When I broke them open, the chick was very developed. but it died at some point

Quote:
get a very strong flashlight, gray tape a toilet paper tube to the end of it so it doesn't hurt the egg to roll it around.
some flashlights are better than others.

Quote:
oh yeah, that shows some development.
and I had a few that looked dark like that with only an air pocket left at one end. When I broke them open, the chick was very developed. but it died at some point

I'm going to leave them in, they don't smell. My last hatch attempt of 24 looked like that bottom pic, and I ended up with the makings of a huge omelet

Now I can't get the temp up! One thermometer says 85
barnie.gif
, one on top of the eggs says ninty-eight, and the third is slowly going up. I am starting to hate This incubator! I can't go to bed until the temp is stable but I am soooo tired! My boys are sick and the past three nights have been rough. The one chick that pipped is a loud one! EE from hot2pot
smile.png

Last edited:
I've got another RIR and the polish are trying hard. One more RIR pipped and trying to zip. The lone SLW is pipped and rocking around a little. Three that are not doing anything. They were good when I locked them down so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sarah

Back
Top Bottom