Mid January Hatch thread....

aaaawwwwwww
love.gif
they are so cute what kind are they, I can't wait until mine hatch as long as they wait until I get their momma a new heat lamp bulb

OOOOOhhhhh..... so cute! Thank you for the fuzzy butt fix
droolin.gif

I am hoping I get at least a pip or something today/tonight, because I'm supposed to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I know I won't leave the house if nothing is happening for fear of it happening because I left!!! And unfortunately, the nearest real supermarket it 40 miles away.... oh lordy this is tough...
th.gif

well, when I go to her original post regarding it (page 19) it lets me, but copy and paste won't let it work....odd.... so maybe try it from there? If you can't no big deal, but hulksmash looks way too cute with the bandaid on his legs ~~~ looks like he got caught with his Underoo's around his ankles
lau.gif

I'm hoping Hulksmash is a girl. I tried feather sexing them a couple days ago, and am predicting four pullets and two cockerels. We'll see how well it works. All six chicks are GLW eggs that I got from Hot2Pot.

Anyway, Hulksmash busted through her bandaid, so I've done the rubber band trick. I'm feel really sorry for her though, she seems so miserable. I am getting a little worried though, that this won't fix it, and then what? My experience with chicks is limited, and I've never had anything but perfect, happy chicks, so torturing one through physical therapy is new for me.

I wonder why my blog link didn't work. I wonder if it was the site, or if the blog site was down?

I'm hoping Hulksmash is a girl. I tried feather sexing them a couple days ago, and am predicting four pullets and two cockerels. We'll see how well it works. All six chicks are GLW eggs that I got from Hot2Pot.

Anyway, Hulksmash busted through her bandaid, so I've done the rubber band trick. I'm feel really sorry for her though, she seems so miserable. I am getting a little worried though, that this won't fix it, and then what? My experience with chicks is limited, and I've never had anything but perfect, happy chicks, so torturing one through physical therapy is new for me.

I wonder why my blog link didn't work. I wonder if it was the site, or if the blog site was down?

it works, just not when you use copy/paste for some reason. And I only think "boy" because my little brother had hulk underwear growing up and it reminds me of him!!! lol

Do you have athletic tape or vet wrap? I do, and have used the vet wrap for everything from dog and cat mittens to a quick makeshift headband... it may hold better for you...?

It is quite fun hatching eggs. I never realized how much fun children would have going through the incubating process and watching the eggs, candeling them and then finally seeing them hatch. I have seen so many different places to buy incubators online and I have also seen a lot of ways to make your own incubator. Both are fine options. Purchasing online works better for me because buying an incubator makes it easier. It is easier to control temp, and humidity in an incubator so for me its better.

I know what you mean I have a broody and we check her every day and my daughter is so excited since hatch day is so close she was so worried this morning when the heat bulb broken she said we've got to find something she wanted to put the heating pad in the kennel with her. I told her that I would get a bulb this afternoon and we would plug it in as soon as we got home. I think it teaches them good life lessons too. I haven't ventured into getting a incubator since they still scare me
hide.gif

I just candled my Jan 22 batch and my 7 are still going! My 3 little self blues are just a hopping around in there! I wouldn't have thought I would still be able to see them move with 10 days to go....

April

Back
Top Bottom