Mid January Hatch thread....

I just looked at your blog... too cute!!! I can't wait til mine finally decide they want to come out of their little shells....

Great job
thumbsup.gif

We are on day 12 and getting antsy! Loving our Brinsea so far. It's been chugging along with little interference on our part (and that interference has been only to add water every few days as needed).

We've candled a couple times to check progress and now I know why incubating is so addictive. Quite different from walking into the feed store and buying a little box of chicks... which is fun in itself, but watching these babies grow has been wonderful!

love.gif

after hitting the reply button I hit the icon on top, the 5th icon too the left from the smiley face. you hit that and it lets you browse your pics, double click on the pic and submit, and there's your pic.

Need a little re-assuring because i'm freaking out a bit I have 4 silkie eggs due to hatch anywhere from today to sunday. Today is day 18 and my heat lamp went out this morning the bulb itself seperated from the screw in part and fell on the kennel luckly it didn't break but it was my last one
th.gif
and it's supposed to get nasty cold it's 32 right now but it supposed to drop to 18 by the time I get home and the wind is 10-12 mph and brutal according to the fed ex guy with possible gust of 30-40mph. I've left everyone inside today and I've put cardboard on the door to help with the drafts and I put cardboard around the kennel. Do yall think this will be enough just in case they start to hatch. I'm getting another bulb on the way home, this hatch is going so good and my silkie is being such a good momma I would hate for something to go wrong this close the hatch day.

They are super resilient... try not to panic... I think she will be okay until you get home!

Last edited:
Any new babies today from anyone??? I'm trying to distract myself so I quit pressing my face against my incubator window....
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom