Mid Tn Organic Feed Buying Club...

interested.
pop.gif

Well, I talked to Edwards' Feeds in Lebanon and he said he could get some organic "complete layer" for about $22 a 50lb bag. He would require a minimum order of 600lbs. Edwards mentioned that it might be cheaper than that if we order more and he could order other products as well. Apparently he gets his stuff from Franklin, TN.

Edwards also does custom mixes as per your specifications with a minimum order of 1000lbs. I haven't been able to check out the place in M'boro yet.
sad.png

Organic isn't cheap and that's taking into account that regular feed prices are going nuts.

Last edited:
Hey there, sorry to be so long about this. Lost my mother in law 2 weeks ago and then last week I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle. ..... been a little distracted.

RoosterG - thanks for checking those places. I don't know if we have enough folks to handle ordering 600#. I could only take 100# at the most, as I only have 5 girls. Then come hot weather, it'll have to be just one 50# bag at a time for me. Do you know what the protein level is?

I have been getting organic layer by Kreamer at Bonnies Barnyard, in Arrington. Just wondering if my girls don't like it as they don't eat much, even when they don't get out to range. Which is why I was hoping to try something else. But perhaps we could order something else thru Bonnie's if we have a large enough order, then we could all go pick it up seperately. I've heard good things about Countryside and would like to try that. Later on I'll post specifics on the protein and ingredients, but right now I've got to put my foot back up (pity party time!). And at least that would be another source for the rest of you.

Yeah Jason, thanks. If nothing else, the Kreamer might be good for others, I just don't know why my girls are so picky. Do beware though - there are organic feeds with "porcine" (pig) protein, which a couple studies show causes a variety of problems for chickens. Also, we're hoping to avoid soy and don't want corn as the primary ingredient. Looking for non-gmo.....I think anything organic is non-gmo by defination. Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom