MIdget white price

JulieNKC

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City
I am thinking of selling my lone little midget white turkey hen. She's about 9-10 months old. I feel bad for her because she is an only turkey, lol. I've decided not to get more turkeys, I'm afraid they may pick on my other birds. I have no clue what to ask for her though, what would be a fair price?

I am thinking of selling my lone little midget white turkey hen. She's about 9-10 months old. I feel bad for her because she is an only turkey, lol. I've decided not to get more turkeys, I'm afraid they may pick on my other birds. I have no clue what to ask for her though, what would be a fair price?

Hey julie! i know nothing about turkeys, but i hope you find a good price.

Ask no less that $50. Might not get that this time of year but that's what she would be worth.

Thanks. I'm not in any hurry for her to go anywhere, she can stay until spring/summer when people are looking for turkeys. Especially if it'll help me find a home for her as a pet/breeder/ornament instead of turkey dinner, lol. When a hawk killed my duck she led several of my pullets somewhere to safety. Have no idea where, but she brought them all back. I told her after that she earned her keep, and won't be dinner, so I have to keep my promise. If nothing else, she'll stay the lone turkey. I just feel bad for her out there doing her turkey call all the time and not having other turkey's to chat with.
wink.png

Ask no less that $50. Might not get that this time of year but that's what she would be worth.

Ditto. Figure a poult from a hatchery costs over $10, many do not survive, and she ate at least a whole bag of expensive high-protein feed to reach adulthood.

ETA: Heck, too bad you're not in Arizona - I'd take her!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom