Might add Wyandottes to a barnyard mix flock. What colors to expect now and over time?

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
I'm thinking of adding some Wyandottes to this flock of barnyard mixes. They will most likely be silver laced, blue laced red and maybe buff laced if I can find any eggs. I'm planning on putting them in the barnyard mix flock and letting them mix together over the next couple years.
I want to know what color would the first generation chicks be and what color would chicks be after a couple generations (like 3 - 4).

Here are the colors of the current hens and roosters in this flock:

Roosters:
2 barred
1 isabel bantam brahma (but he's very low in the pecking order, so he spends most of the day on the roost. I doubt he's breeding hens, although I wish he would).

The barred roosters have come from this flock while the brahma is unrelated. All barred chickens in this flock came from a couple dominant barred laying hens and the barring kinda got bred into the flock over time.

Hens:
Dark with faint barring
Barred
Black (some with leakage)
Silver and gold partridge
2 white hens (one is pure white with a black tail and neck feathers and other has brown on her wings)

I'll include some photos of these chickens, but they're not great quality.

Attachments

• 20221228_161625.jpg
    20221228_161625.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221228_161912.jpg
    20221228_161912.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221228_161919.jpg
    20221228_161919.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221228_161824.jpg
    20221228_161824.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211024_112017.jpg
    20211024_112017.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211218_173755.jpg
    20211218_173755.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221228_161537.jpg
    20221228_161537.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 10
I'm thinking of adding some Wyandottes to this flock of barnyard mixes. They will most likely be silver laced, blue laced red and maybe buff laced if I can find any eggs. I'm planning on putting them in the barnyard mix flock and letting them mix together over the next couple years.
I want to know what color would the first generation chicks be and what color would chicks be after a couple generations (like 3 - 4).

Here are the colors of the current hens and roosters in this flock:

Roosters:
2 barred
1 isabel bantam brahma (but he's very low in the pecking order, so he spends most of the day on the roost. I doubt he's breeding hens, although I wish he would).

The barred roosters have come from this flock while the brahma is unrelated. All barred chickens in this flock came from a couple dominant barred laying hens and the barring kinda got bred into the flock over time.

Hens:
Dark with faint barring
Barred
Black (some with leakage)
Silver and gold partridge
2 white hens (one is pure white with a black tail and neck feathers and other has brown on her wings)

I'll include some photos of these chickens, but they're not great quality.
I expect most offspring would be some form of Gold, Silver, or Silver/Gold split(Males) Barred/Partial laced. The Blue Laced Red bred to those would have similar results, just half would be blue.

The Silver Columbian hens could produce Sexlinked offspring if bred to the Blue Laced Red rooster.

More sexlinks can be produced if Wyandotte roosters breed the Barred hens.

You have lots of possibilities that can happen, naming every single one would be time consuming.

I expect most offspring would be some form of Gold, Silver, or Silver/Gold split(Males) Barred/Partial laced. The Blue Laced Red bred to those would have similar results, just half would be blue.

The Silver Columbian hens could produce Sexlinked offspring if bred to the Blue Laced Red rooster.

More sexlinks can be produced if Wyandotte roosters breed the Barred hens.

You have lots of possibilities that can happen, naming every single one would be time consuming.
Thank you! Do you have any example photos of what partial lacing looks like?

I have the opposite in my flock. My original flock were pure bread SLW. I now only have one hen that appears to be SLW. My current dominant roo has both Barred rock and SLW and maybe some brown leghorn. He is black and white. Some areas appear to be more laced while some areas appear to be more barred. Nothing complete. He has the largest rose comb I have ever seen.
20220520_090242.jpg
My hens that have SLW in them have rose combs. Several hens have laced breast feathers, but have more solid feathers on their backs. The hens have a variety of colors under the lacing from other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom