Might be an interesting day at work

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by porkchop48, Oct 19, 2011.

1. porkchop48

porkchop48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Malta, OH
  2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I read about this and was saddened that the police just started shooting them instead of trying to contain the situation until animal control could come to tranquilize them. But, I wasn't there and it is hard to tell the whole picture the police were looking at.

It also does not tell how the owner died. Even if he had been mauled by one of the animals ALL of the animals would not have been out. Some one has to have gone through and opened all of the cages don't you think?? Even if some one objected to this guy having all of these animals setting them free would be an invitation to them all getting killed rather than re homed.....

Curious what comes of this. [​IMG]

3. Jay-Mar28

Jay-Mar28 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Ontario Canada
  4. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    It really pushes my buttons that they went in there & shot everything.

5. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I heard about this on the radio this AM on my way to work. I went to Zanesville, OH for Longarm quilting classes a couple of years ago. Really pretty countryside and rolling hills where I was.

I'm sure it was a pretty scary time for folks who live in the area. I wouldn't want to be the officer in charge who had to make that call to put the animals down [​IMG]

6. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Ok thank you - this is not too far from me - and i was getting upset with people that wer eglad that they were being shot. It is not their fault they were in this and running loose. And they are just being animals - WILD animals. I agree if the animal is highly dangerous or aggressive - BUT to just shoot on sight? I was glad to see Jack Hanna show up and was also upset- but sadly it looks most have been killed - Breaks my heart

7. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    What I'd heard at some point was they tried to tranquize some of the animals, but it was causing more aggression or some other problems, so they weren't able to use that. I'm not sure how much of that was accurate.

But as much as I'm sorry the animals had to lose their lives because of a cruel and heartless owner, I will not fault the officers who had to do the killing because the owner was that sick and evil to release the animals before taking his own life. I can't see there being a good answer in this situation.

Let's place the blame on the owner, where it firmly and totally belongs.

8. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Quote:You are correct the owner is to blame and has he comitted suicide we wont know his thoughts - but you are right. Its just sad i hate to see those animals killed

Last report- they have three leopards - a grizzly and two monkeys safe and secure on the way to the Columbus Zoo

A monkey and a wolf are still out there [​IMG] Tho the wolf might be fine

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:x2

It's another sad case of the animals paying for an irresponsible owner. [​IMG]

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Man....that's just sad.

I wish that owner were still alive...we could all throttle the heck out of him. I agree with the police's decision in this. Which would you rather have?

Death of several people nearby that had no idea this was happening? Or the death of a single animal?

It's sad any way that you look at it..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by