Might be to early to tell but Help if you can please! (picture HEAVY)

erinwi4

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Hi I am new to having chickens and I know for sure we have 1 rooster right now :( We live in the city limits so we can't keep him. We did find him a home though.... But my question is can you help and let me know if I have any more. Thanks
Any guesses on Breeds would be great as well. Got them from a friend and don't want to feel stupid asking her.

I know the really small ones that are in some of the pictures are to young to sex for sure. But was hoping to find out what the bigger 5 are. We know for sure like I said before we have 1 roo. He was easy to tell because he got the red comb about a week ago. The ones I am asking about are 4-6 weeks old.

The chipmunky one with the white chest is a speckled sussex I think. Goldish ones are gold sex links (and girls). I have no idea on the others, but they are a bunch of cuties!

Thank you so much. The one goldish one has some BIG legs and Feet so I was getting a little freaked out! Really wish we could find out what The white and black one is. That is my sons. That ones name is Oreo! :)

Thank you I did know there is 1 rooster for sure. I will try and get some better pictures tomorrow. Thank you again. Any idea what breed the White and black one is??? She was mostly black with a yellowy white head when we got her.

The black and white is a common easter egger color but more difficult to tell roo vs hen.

Is your friend a chicken person, or did she just kinda dump some chicks on you? I'm asking cause if she's a chicken person, she would LOVE to talk chickens with you and discuss the different breeds, etc. We love to convert others to the chicken side and happily spend hours indoctrinating, I mean discussing!

I asked her a few questions and it didn't seam like she new 2 much about them. She ordered them from Crackle Hatchery. She did order a straight run special they have going. I guess I can always try asking her some more about them. Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom