Might be to early to tell but Help if you can please! (picture HEAVY)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by erinwi4, May 21, 2012.

1. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Hi I am new to having chickens and I know for sure we have 1 rooster right now :( We live in the city limits so we can't keep him. We did find him a home though.... But my question is can you help and let me know if I have any more. Thanks
    Any guesses on Breeds would be great as well. Got them from a friend and don't want to feel stupid asking her.

I know the really small ones that are in some of the pictures are to young to sex for sure. But was hoping to find out what the bigger 5 are. We know for sure like I said before we have 1 roo. He was easy to tell because he got the red comb about a week ago. The ones I am asking about are 4-6 weeks old.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i see 1 cockerel for sure

3. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Any other you might think would be?

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Crowing

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    The chipmunky one with the white chest is a speckled sussex I think. Goldish ones are gold sex links (and girls). I have no idea on the others, but they are a bunch of cuties!

5. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Thank you so much. The one goldish one has some BIG legs and Feet so I was getting a little freaked out! Really wish we could find out what The white and black one is. That is my sons. That ones name is Oreo! :)

6. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Anyone else want to try and help me? Please?

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Maybe some closer pics would help. I do agree with hdowden on the cockeral though. :weee

8. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Thank you I did know there is 1 rooster for sure. I will try and get some better pictures tomorrow. Thank you again. Any idea what breed the White and black one is??? She was mostly black with a yellowy white head when we got her.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The black and white is a common easter egger color but more difficult to tell roo vs hen.

Is your friend a chicken person, or did she just kinda dump some chicks on you? I'm asking cause if she's a chicken person, she would LOVE to talk chickens with you and discuss the different breeds, etc. We love to convert others to the chicken side and happily spend hours indoctrinating, I mean discussing!

10. erinwi4

erinwi4 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    I asked her a few questions and it didn't seam like she new 2 much about them. She ordered them from Crackle Hatchery. She did order a straight run special they have going. I guess I can always try asking her some more about them. Thank you for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: