Milia spots on nostrils

Have to have nerves of steel to have kids and pets!
Revolution works by penetrating the skin and entering your pet's bloodstream.
LOL- my kids are adults, one home from college now- he works for our business.

Revolution doesn’t seem likely to work for scaly leg mites. No other parasites atm to justify its use, but good to know what it can be used for— thanks for the info.
For now I will continue to treat with vaseline. I cleaned out coop and sprayed roosts with permethrin.

I have no idea what the spots are on the nostrils.

I've never used a product like Revolution on poultry, so couldn't say how effective or safe it would be to use. If there's a withdrawal period or concern of residue, I don't know that either, you'd have to research the active ingredients and come to your own conclusions.

Scaly Leg Mites are traditionally treated by working an oil, ointment or cream up and under the scales of the legs/feet at least weekly for several weeks. This will smother the SLM.
Ivermectin can also be used to treat SLM, withdrawal period is 30 days after last dosing.
thank you— I’m just watching her for now. seems healthy

I have never seen the white raised spots on nostrils like in your chicken. Are they also on the other side? Combs, especially irregular combs can get a similar white bumpy appearance that is probably mild favus or fungus. I would try using a little Betadine 10% on the nostrils with a cotton ball or QTip while someone hold her.

I have never seen the white raised spots on nostrils like in your chicken. Are they also on the other side? Combs, especially irregular combs can get a similar white bumpy appearance that is probably mild favus or fungus. I would try using a little Betadine 10% on the nostrils with a cotton ball or QTip while someone hold her.
Yes, both sides. I have some chlorhexadine I can use.

Back
Top Bottom