Milk in Feed

Douglas7530

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
I read somewhere that you can put warm milk in Chicken fee is that true? if so what is the ratio?
Thank you

If you plan to put milk in their feed, I would ONLY use organic milk. Non organic milk come from cows that have been pumped up with all kinds of hormones (which forces them to produce more milk than is normal) and antibiotics (to treat the constant mastitis that they experience from the hormones) which is then transferred to us, and your chickens through the milk. As far as the ratio, there really is no magic formula. Just enough to make their feed an "oatmeal" consistency.
Kelly​

Last edited:
If you plan to put milk in their feed, I would ONLY use organic milk. Non organic milk come from cows that have been pumped up with all kinds of hormones (which forces them to produce more milk than is normal) and antibiotics (to treat the constant mastitis that they experience from the hormones) which is then transferred to us, and your chickens through the milk. As far as the ratio, there really is no magic formula. Just enough to make their feed an "oatmeal" consistency.
Kelly​

I didn't know that Kelly. That makes sense too. thanks for the advice.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom