Milkweed Runners

Snarflogus

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Middle of Kansas
Hi all! I am trying to get a little milkweed garden started to help our local pollinators.
I have some seeds, but I'm saving those to plant with some winter wheat.
With that said, does anyone have milkweed runners or cuttings that they're pruning and need to get rid of? Because I have good news for you! I'll take them! I'll even trade cuttings of some of our flowers if you like.
I'm in Kansas, but I'll pay to ship them from pretty much anywhere. Thanks in advance.

You might try posting in your state thread (if you haven't already), maybe you can find someone that has some. Here's a link: Kansas

Hi all! I am trying to get a little milkweed garden started to help our local pollinators.
I have some seeds, but I'm saving those to plant with some winter wheat.
With that said, does anyone have milkweed runners or cuttings that they're pruning and need to get rid of? Because I have good news for you! I'll take them! I'll even trade cuttings of some of our flowers if you like.
I'm in Kansas, but I'll pay to ship them from pretty much anywhere. Thanks in advance.
In my experience milkweeds don't transplant too well during the growing season. I know it means a lot of waiting but the best way to do it would be to collect and sow seed in the fall.

You also don't want to have people shipping you the plant parts because, for pollinators, you want to try and get plants that have local genetics. If you want to purchase plants, I would search the website of your state university's extension office, or call them and ask for their recommendations on nurseries. You still might be able to find some plants you can get this year.

Here is a list of sellers provided by the Kansas Native Plant Society:

https://www.kansasnativeplantsociety.org/plant_seed_sources.php

Back
Top Bottom