Mille Cochin Info

clap.gif
Love your pics Mike!
yippiechickie.gif

Hopefully a quick question for someone that doesn't completely understand genetics: :rolleyes:

Why are we using a mottled Cochin in the Mille project when they are known for molting and getting more and more white each year? I know its for the "type" but is there another color that would work without constantly changing? It just seems like my 2 year old hen is going to be white someday :/

Hopefully a quick question for someone that doesn't completely understand genetics:
roll.png

Why are we using a mottled Cochin in the Mille project when they are known for molting and getting more and more white each year? I know its for the "type" but is there another color that would work without constantly changing? It just seems like my 2 year old hen is going to be white someday
hmm.png
I don't have an answer for you but will be interested to hear what everyone has to say. I was wondering that myself too the other day. I intended on using mottled birds to introduce better type but I am curious what to do with a bird that changes so much over a couple years. I have a two year old mille fleur hen that molted and I do a double take at her in the pen sometimes because I hardly recognize her! Her daughters, who are this years pullets, have very nice mille fleur coloring but I am wondering if they will molt out whiter each year like their mom?.......

Back
Top Bottom