Mille Fleur bantams Roos Or pulleys?

Chermak1101

Chirping
Sep 8, 2019
Scranton, PA
39688E7E-FE60-4FF2-A4E2-8558ABB14FB3.jpeg
My 2 Mille Fleur bantams are 7 weeks old. It looked like I was ending up with 1 roo, but now I think they both are.

Handsome cockerels! If they were pullets, and at the egg laying stage, I could understand larger bright combs... but for this age, it would be unusual to have combs of that size.

By any chance do you have have a full-body picture of the little guy on the left just so I can make sure I'm not misleading to you? It would be good to see if his hackle and saddle feathers are definitely starting to point. Other than that, I think they're both cockerels.

Handsome cockerels! If they were pullets, and at the egg laying stage, I could understand larger bright combs... but for this age, it would be unusual to have combs of that size.

By any chance do you have have a full-body picture of the little guy on the left just so I can make sure I'm not misleading to you? It would be good to see if his hackle and saddle feathers are definitely starting to point. Other than that, I think they're both cockerels.

Male feathers don’t start growing in (for most breeds) until they’re about 12 weeks old.

First one is the one that was behind the other. was really hoping I had at least a male and felmale. Such is my luck. This now makes 5 roosters in my flock of 22. Hopefully since 4 were raised together (3 being bantams) they will get along. Or I’ll be looking to rehome a couple of my babies.
7BA39652-3146-4DCB-96A7-A3EACECA555F.jpeg A9413376-521E-4D77-A914-F041FE46B896.jpeg

First one is the one that was behind the other. was really hoping I had at least a male and felmale. Such is my luck. This now makes 5 roosters in my flock of 22. Hopefully since 4 were raised together (3 being bantams) they will get along. Or I’ll be looking to rehome a couple of my babies.
View attachment 1902760 View attachment 1902758

Still thinking cockerels. Don't assume, until they are further grown, that they'll be bad additions to the flock. I wish you luck and hope they turn out nic so you don't have to rehome too many.

Male feathers don’t start growing in (for most breeds) until they’re about 12 weeks old.

And, apologies- thanks for the correction.

Still thinking cockerels. Don't assume, until they are further grown, that they'll be bad additions to the flock. I wish you luck and hope they turn out nic so you don't have to rehome too many.

I’ve been trying to hold them more, so hopefully everyone’s friendly and I don’t have to. My full grown golden laced roo is awesome and so friendly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom