Mille Fleur d’Uccle color varieties

I don’t know what that color is either, but it’s really pretty!! I wish you lived closer, I’d buy some in a heartbeat 😍 love the silver MFs! ❤️
I’ll be shipping eggs eventually and maybe chicks if that works out but I want to do it right and get my npip so I’m going to wait until all my breeding groups are grown out and situated before scheduling that. Hopefully that’ll be in the fall. Haha I’m swimming in silver MF chicks and no one local wants any!

Silver mille fluer male and silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male and mille fluer female: Silver mille fluer pullets and “golden” (which is basically silver with yellow leakage) mille fluer cockerels.
Silver mille fluer male and blue silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer and blue silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male silver porcelain female: silver mille fluer.
Mille fluer male (if the chick is male) and silver mille fluer female:
Sexlinks; mille fluer pullets, “golden” mille fluer cockerels.
Mille fluer male and mille fluer female: mille fluer
For the gold leakage, is that a gene that roosters are just going to pass on down the male line (on the male chromosome) or is it something that can be bred out?

My main roo has that but it didn’t show up until he was about 6months old. So I’m wondering if I can eventually select for that or if it’s something that will keep cropping up no matter what.

Or of course people just may not know. I get that too.

It’s not a gene exactly, it’s found when a bird is heterozygous for black and doesn’t have all the melanizers, so it can be bred out.
Is there a way to select for that with the female? Obviously it wouldn’t show because the yellow appears on hackles (at least with mine) but certain females may be carriers despite having no leakage.

This is my roo and I assume this is the yellow you refer to.

69A64A19-C67F-4E93-9D49-48198B5E013E.jpeg

For the gold leakage, is that a gene that roosters are just going to pass on down the male line (on the male chromosome) or is it something that can be bred out?

My main roo has that but it didn’t show up until he was about 6months old. So I’m wondering if I can eventually select for that or if it’s something that will keep cropping up no matter what.

Or of course people just may not know. I get that too.
So gold/silver is sexlinked. The leakage is easy to breed out. Basically, females can’t be heterozygous like your rooster. They must be either gold or silver. So you simply breed a silver hen with your rooster and achieve silver roosters or a gold hen with your rooster to achieve gold roosters. Yes, half the offspring from either pairing will be the same color as your rooster but you’ll never have to deal with that issue again.
Is there a way to select for that with the female? Obviously it wouldn’t show because the yellow appears on hackles (at least with mine) but certain females may be carriers despite having no leakage.

This is my roo and I assume this is the yellow you refer to.

View attachment 3248687

So gold/silver is sexlinked. The leakage is easy to breed out. Basically, females can’t be heterozygous like your rooster. They must be either gold or silver. So you simply breed a silver hen with your rooster and achieve silver roosters or a gold hen with your rooster to achieve gold roosters. Yes, half the offspring from either pairing will be the same color as your rooster but you’ll never have to deal with that issue again.
Ok gotcha. So basically by the 3rd or 4th gen it will be bred out (considering I am selecting well).

Silver mille fluer male and silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male and mille fluer female: Silver mille fluer pullets and “golden” (which is basically silver with yellow leakage) mille fluer cockerels.
Silver mille fluer male and blue silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer and blue silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male silver porcelain female: silver mille fluer.
Mille fluer male (if the chick is male) and silver mille fluer female:
Sexlinks; mille fluer pullets, “golden” mille fluer cockerels.
Mille fluer male and mille fluer female: mille fluer
Now that the chicks are more grown up and have been sexed, I know I have a blue silver cockerel (actually two but I gave one to a friend). What color would happen if breeding blue silver to Mille fleur?

Back
Top Bottom