Mille Fleur d'Uccle roo?

Mrs MIA

Chick Magnet
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
We picked up this little guy on 3/16 from a local "hatchery" that gets their chicks from Ideal (or so we're told) - we're guessing he/she's about 4 weeks old now.
IMG_0971.jpg

It has massive feathering on it's feet, very similar to our full grown Millie hens. But I'm just not seeing the "flowers" yet... is it a Mille Fleur d'Uccle? I've never raised a roo from a baby before, so I don't know what the coloring is supposed to look like at this age.

If it's not a Millie, I will need to find a new home for it...
sad.png
There won't be room in the breeder pens for another breed.

Thanks for your help!
smile.png

But is it a Mille Fleur d'Uccle? (holding breath...)
tongue.png

If it is, and it is a roo (I'm sure it is) then I will be very happy... hens are ok, too, but I just wanted to confirm the breed...

Last edited:
That looks just like my 6 week old MFdUccle roos. They have *just* started to get their "flowers" in the last day or two. Hang on! He really looks just like mine!

woot.gif

Would you believe, he was the ONLY ONE in the whole bin of bantams... exactly what we wanted!! Thank you! I'll wait for his flowers to bloom...
big_smile.png

I am 99.9% sure that Is a Mille Fluer roo. I have a 4 week old that looks EXACTLY like that. I'm so happy you got what you wanted! Congrads.

Oh Stella! Look at your baby in your avatar! Aren't they just the sweetest things?
smile.png

Thank you... I am also 99.9% sure. We have two 2yo hens right now, and no roos. I have an order in with Peeps7 for a dozen eggs to hatch (easier than shipping chicks!) so hopefully
fl.gif
we'll be set for making our own babies next year!

Yes, its definitely a mille fleur belgian d'uccle. I raised two this last year. As for being male, it might well be. I had one male and one female. I have a picture of the both of them on my myspace page if you want to see.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=151580071&albumID=1294170&imageID=7948021

I believe these pictures are able to be viewed by the public, lemme know if you cant see and i will email you it.

Oh yeah... that's him! Mine's only 5-6 weeks old, but I looked closely and the new feathers coming out have the flowers. I'm very happy.
smile.png

Looks like a roo to me. They won't get their spots for a while, you've just got to be patient for them. I can't recall when ours started getting theirs, but I believe they were at least 3 months old. Although most hatchery birds dont have many spots, so who knows you might not have any until after he molts for the first time!

Back
Top Bottom