Mille Fleur d'uccles crossed with OEGB and bantam EE - what to expect?

KSH1

Songster
7 Years
May 1, 2014
northeast Ohio
Who knows chicken color genetics? If the eggs I just gave to my broody actually hatch, there could be Mille Fleur D'uccles (my only rooster) crossed with a spangled OEGB hen and a black bantam Easter Egger, as well as 2 Mille Fleur D'uccles hens. I'm guessing the EE is just going to be a surprise, but I've been wondering if I'll be able to be sure what came from the OEGB hen. If you have any thoughts on what I might expect from those crossed, I'd love to hear! Thanks!

Who knows chicken color genetics? If the eggs I just gave to my broody actually hatch, there could be Mille Fleur D'uccles (my only rooster) crossed with a spangled OEGB hen and a black bantam Easter Egger, as well as 2 Mille Fleur D'uccles hens. I'm guessing the EE is just going to be a surprise, but I've been wondering if I'll be able to be sure what came from the OEGB hen. If you have any thoughts on what I might expect from those crossed, I'd love to hear! Thanks!
@RoostersAreAwesome , @Gray Farms ?

Mille fleur d’uccles and spangled OEGBs both express the mottling (white spot) gene, so their offspring will also have mottling. They will probably have a small beard and lightly feathered legs. Their color will be between the red of the OEGB and the buff of the d’uccle.
With the EE, the offspring will likely be black with some red leakage. However, depending on what other color genes the EE has, you could get chicks with more red or even silver instead.

Mille fleur d’uccles and spangled OEGBs both express the mottling (white spot) gene, so their offspring will also have mottling. They will probably have a small beard and lightly feathered legs. Their color will be between the red of the OEGB and the buff of the d’uccle.
With the EE, the offspring will likely be black with some red leakage. However, depending on what other color genes the EE has, you could get chicks with more red or even silver instead.

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom