1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mille Fleur questions

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jerrydude, Sep 12, 2010.

1. jerrydude

jerrydude Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    hi friends--

new to having chickens and new to this forum-- what a great resource this is!

i've got four chickens--- austrolorps, EE, SLW-- thinking about the Mille Fleur at some point.

I was wondering--- how do standard breed size birds get along with bantam size?

I think the Mille Fleur is so beautiful! We'd love to have a few-- is there anything I need to know about them in terms of keeping them with larger birds?

Where is the best place to get them?

Are there different kinds of Mille Fleur?

thank you so much!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Mille fleur is the color pattern, not the breed. That color pattern comes in different breeds and sizes.

3. jerrydude

jerrydude Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    So is the breed D'Uccle?

what breeds come in Mille Fleur pattern? Maybe I'm confused [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Speckled Sussex is in bantam and large fowl and is mille fleur patterned.

5. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:There is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. However, many of us are working on a Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Project. If you go to this link & start at the beginning, you will be able to read & see pics of this project.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228613&p=205

If you look at my avatar, you will see a pic of a Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by