Mille Fleurs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Crazy_For_Chickens, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hello,
    Has anyone ever raised Mille Fleurs? I was thinking about getting some and I was wondering if they make good companions? Are they very timid? Good broodies?

Thanks,

CFC

2. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Are you talking about the booted or d'uccles? I;ve had d'Uccles in the past. male was a little aggressive. The hens were quite timid. They were not broody.

3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I have 3 mille fluers (1 roo 2 hens) the roo is somwhat agressive( he has an attatude:D )
    and the hens are rather shy but they are all very pretty. If you want a breed for companionship I would recomend quail antwerps as they are very friendly as my quail antwerp hen followes me all over my yard. [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Mine were really cool. My rooster wasn't in the slightest bit aggressive and the hens were really sweet. Really pretty birds and mine were pretty calm. If I had room for "fake chickens" (read: banties), I would still have them. [​IMG]

5. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    d'Uccles.

Thanks.

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I only have 3 d uccles. Two hens and a roo. They are friendly and nice little birds. The roo is not aggressive towards anyone and keep his distance from my standard size roos. They are not broody girls.

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I've 5 hens 1 roo, my roo very freindly but I handle him daily he loves to be held. my hens go broody, one hen raised 3 cluches in one year.

8. billygoatgruff

billygoatgruff Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    D`Uccles are great little birds, good for kids, too. The do go broody and a re really good mothers. You will love them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by