Mille Fluer Cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Mar 26, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I just saw some mille fluer cochins on eggbid, and have seen them before. It seems that everyone crosses to buff or mottled. If you look at the mille fluer pattern, it is basically buff columbian with the spangles. It would be much faster to just cross a mille roo on buff columbian hens to get more, it would take maybe 2 genrations to get more mille fluers instead of 5 or more. I just thought that I would post this for anyone that has or is thinking about getting some mille fluer cochins.

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I hatched some of those a few days a go, so far they look great but I will have to wait a while to see how the turn out.

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes. It's not to hard to find mille fleur cochins anymore, but it is hard to find nice ones. Most of they have TERRIBLE coloring and type, they're a long ways from being perfected, though a couple breeders are getting there, which is exciting

4. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I recently hatched out a few. I'm curiuos to see how they turn out. If anyone already has them post pics of your stock. I hope working together will inprove color and type.

Jen

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by