Mini American Game Breeding Project(From Scratch)(And Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My F1 pullet laid her first egg today, & it's a medium, which is 21oz. Quite the egg for a small chicken.
Candled, not a double yolker.
20240228_133150.jpg

Thinking after I'm done with this Mini Bloodline, I'll make a Largefowl Line, using Blue Face Hatch, Malay, & Sumatra. Debating whether or not to use any JungleFowl, though it may help with territorial attitude, & survivability.

Okay, first two are set up for a Forced Molt. (Forced Molt, is a stress molt made by us people to bring out new plumage, artificially by restricting nutritious feed for 3 - 5 days at least, or 7 - 14 days at most, once molt starts they can be put back on their normal feed)

Reason I'm doing this for these two is because the Stag, he got into a very intense fight with one of my Taiwan boys sometime last month, & it broke alot of his feathers, so he looks really rough cuz of it. The pullet, she refuses to preen her tail feathers, also she's starting to look abit rough as well.
20240405_132649.jpg
20240405_132652.jpg
20240405_132726.jpg
20240405_132730.jpg

Thinking on probably giving up on the forced molt with these guys for now. Seems like a fail now that the pullet accidentally broke the egg she laid in the pen yesterday, & ended up eating it. Hard to limit certain nutrients when something like that happens.

I do eventually wanna add other colors to these after I get them established.
I did gather a Red JungleFowl egg to replace a Red JungleFowl hen I culled due to issues she had. Hopefully it is a female that hatches, & is pure.
But if it were fathered by my project stag, it'll probably move forward in the project anyway. High percentage of JungleFowl will help in keeping the smaller size, & territorial aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom