Mini apple yard duck coughing up stones

Is she producing normal stools, if not, post a few pictures of them. Does the vomiting have any routine to itself, for example, right after eating, or right after being picked up? Has she had any sort of health problems in the past, if so what?

Is she producing normal stools, if not, post a few pictures of them. Does the vomiting have any routine to itself, for example, right after eating, or right after being picked up? Has she had any sort of health problems in the past, if so what?
She is happy and well, no health issues, no change with stools. I wouldn't call if vomiting, she has just bought up these stones/ grit twice and carried on.

Last edited:
She is happy and well, no health issues, no change with stools. I wouldn't call if vomiting, she has just bought up these stones/ grit twice and carried on.

If she seems healthy otherwise, I'd just continue to monitor her stools and behavior. If you wan't to be more precautious you could start weighing her daily, reason being, sometimes, when a bird has a severe blockage, they will over scrounge on high mineral foods like grit, an overabundance of grit in her digestive tract could cause her to cough a few up once and a while. I don't think this is the case with your bird, but it's worth considering.

If she seems healthy otherwise, I'd just continue to monitor her stools and behavior. If you wan't to be more precautious you could start weighing her daily, reason being, sometimes, when a bird has a severe blockage, they will over scrounge on high mineral foods like grit, an overabundance of grit in her digestive tract could cause her to cough a few up once and a while. I don't think this is the case with your bird, but it's worth considering.
Thank you, I will!

It could just be normal too if she’s not doing it too much and if the stones she is vomiting out are smooth. It just means the stones she used as grit no longer serve their purpose and they are too big to poop out. But if she is doing it often... she may be eating too many.

Back
Top Bottom