Mini Appleyard Ducks

I have Mini Appleyards! I have bred them now for about 8 years. All of my breeding stock has come from Holderread's as well. The birds that we call "Mini Appleyards" in the US are actually known as Silver Bantams elsewhere. They are not really a miniature version of the Silver Appleyard, but an entirely different color. There are several birds that are similar in name or appearance, which makes it kind of confusing. There is the Silver Appleyard Call, which looks more like a large SA. In Europe, there is also a true miniature of the SA as well, completely separate from the Silver Bantam.

The Silver Bantams, which is what Holderread's sell, also looks very similar to Snowy Mallards and Snowy Calls. I have found that mine are more intermediate in body type between the two and not loud like Calls. I love mine! They are my favorite breed of domestic ducks that I have kept over the years. In addition to being beautiful, mine have always been super calm and friendly. I can't say enough good things about them.

Oh! LOL... Yeah, mine are TRUE miniature silver appleyard ducks, not silver appleyard call ducks... Let me know when you get it up... Would love to see more pics of those ducks!

Nate

Whichever kind we have, here are some pics. They were sold to us as MSA's from a local farm.
These pics are all from last fall. The pair are almost 8 months old now.
I'll take some new pics when I have ducklings, hopefully in 3 weeks.

They love ramps.

This pic was from the camping trip we took with them. They got to swim a real river.

Woodward T. Duck, the Turd

Henrietta, 4 months old.

Her first egg.

Chickety Charcoal- Ours fly, but not very far with their wings clipped. They usually only fly to catch up with me walking in the yard or when they are playing in their pool.
The hen has been sitting for over a week now. She laid almost every day for a month, then I stopped collecting. She went broody 10 days after that.
The drake is very protective, especially now.

Back
Top Bottom