Mini egg frittatas (what I call 'redneck lembas')

Mace Gill

Songster
May 26, 2017
New Jersey
I can't cook. I mean, I really can't cook. So if I *DO* happen to cook something I enjoy and also don't die from it, that means *YOU* can cook it much better!

Seriously, any 'recipe' threads you see from me should only serve to encourage folks who think they can't cook.

Anyway, found this recipe for min egg frittatas. The picture is my results, they look better in photos from professionals, but I tell you they are delicious! I put the recipe right on the photo.
WIN_20170218_124332.JPG

One is a great snack, two are practically a meal.

I've since substituted sausage for the bacon and kale for the spinach ... I want to try it with dandelion greens!

So ... for no particular reason except a strong sense of 'nerdery', I call my own 'brand' of them "Redneck Lembas"

They are exactly like the elvish lembas that Tolkien describes in his book except:
  1. There is no bread in it.
  2. Not made by elves.
  3. Won’t last without refrigeration.
  4. Actually exists.

But besides that … just like lembas.

I can't cook. I mean, I really can't cook. So if I *DO* happen to cook something I enjoy and also don't die from it, that means *YOU* can cook it much better!

Seriously, any 'recipe' threads you see from me should only serve to encourage folks who think they can't cook.

Anyway, found this recipe for min egg frittatas. The picture is my results, they look better in photos from professionals, but I tell you they are delicious! I put the recipe right on the photo.
View attachment 1027505

One is a great snack, two are practically a meal.

I've since substituted sausage for the bacon and kale for the spinach ... I want to try it with dandelion greens!

So ... for no particular reason except a strong sense of 'nerdery', I call my own 'brand' of them "Redneck Lembas"

They are exactly like the elvish lembas that Tolkien describes in his book except:
  1. There is no bread in it.
  2. Not made by elves.
  3. Won’t last without refrigeration.
  4. Actually exists.

But besides that … just like lembas.
I made some shortbread and called it Lembas, this is probably a lot healthier than that! My brother loves 'mini foods' they are easy to handle and portion, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom