Mini Egg!

Here's my tiniest one ever

18074_eggfart.jpg

Last edited:
Love the piccies of these fairy fart eggs! am going to have to try to figure out how to post pics on here, so i can put mine on! x

44581_img_3226.jpg

None of my birds are new layers. I kept the egg, but havn't cracked it to see if it has a yolk. In the picture it is next to a regular or average sized egg and a large egg from the same flock of hens.

haahaa love it EGG NEWTON! im still finding it funny in a childish way now! i cracked it open and found a teeny egg white and a little spot of yolky stuff thou am not gonna eat it, dont think it will really fill me up ha!
D.gif

Pleasant surprise today. Found this little chicken egg the size of a quail egg.
I don't know which hen layed it. But this is the parentage - - -
Hens: rhode island red & rhodebar
Rooster: Golden Phoenix (mates with everything that walks on two feet)

then, 3 smaller hens about 3 months old.
from the phoenix/rhodebar/RIR pairs.

so no telling where the egg came from. I will remove the insides
and keep it for a conversation piece.

I can not see the photos - are they posted and visible ?

Last edited:
Should I be concerned, if a new layer, is repeatedly laying fart eggs? I'll be checking in about another hour and a half, to see if I got a third one, on a third consecutive day, presumably from the same hen. They are all coming from my Speckled Sussex's, and all of the girls are young, and just started laying, their first season, in the past month. Out of six girls, I was only getting, at best 4 eggs on any day, now, I'm getting 4-5, including this wind egg, so, I presume it's a girl just starting.
I just cracked one, so I decided to crack it open, and it doesn't appear to be a yolk, but it also doesn't appear to be just albumen, either. So, maybe an underdeveloped egg?
Thoughts?
Two "Wind Eggs" in middle, four regular Speckled Sussex eggs alongside.

Back
Top Bottom