Mini farmer ‍

SheKaye

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2018
26E380BE-73BA-4C0E-AEDE-C3C75AD3550F.jpeg
120B1D31-2F06-496B-A7EB-AD49E18D8E01.jpeg
I’ve been reading your threads for a couple of years now. If I have a question, I can find it here. Now I actually have some answers, so I decided to sign up and offer what I know and continue to learn what I don’t. I have had chickens and barn animals on and off since I was 11... over 40 years now, but I just started to understand how special they are as individuals the past 4 years. I find so much joy in my barnyard birds. My husband has given up on trying to limit me....(he actually enjoys them as much if not more)! He has taken ownership of my Peacock “Aladdin” this summer. The bird runs up and greets him when he comes home from work, and follows him around when he mows the yard. They talk to each other too.

:welcome Your peafowl are gorgeous!!! Those names are absolutely perfect for your birds. That is so sweet that your husband has bonded with Aladdin! My DH loves to fuss about the chickens, and the chicks, and the eggs in the incubator (it's empty right now ;)):oops: BUT he loves the chickens just as much as I do!
I gave my incubator to my daughter-in-law. My hens come out of every nook and cranny in the spring with 2 to 10 chicks following! We got over run by chickens.... sadly a fox took care of that problem two weeks ago. I lost all but 4 hens 3 roosters and 6 babies that night. I’m so glad that I had a hen in the locked coop sitting. So far she’s hatched 4. I hope to find more tonight. I want a turkey next! I’m trying to talk my son-in-law to give me his, but I might just have to buy some next spring. It’s a sickness! I asked my husband for an ostrich this summer... he said no. I would have to give up my mini donkeys. Happy birding my friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs I hope you have several more chicks tonight! There is absolutely nothing more precious than a hen with her chicks.

I gave my incubator to my daughter-in-law. My hens come out of every nook and cranny in the spring with 2 to 10 chicks following! We got over run by chickens.... sadly a fox took care of that problem two weeks ago. I lost all but 4 hens 3 roosters and 6 babies that night. I’m so glad that I had a hen in the locked coop sitting. So far she’s hatched 4. I hope to find more tonight. I want a turkey next! I’m trying to talk my son-in-law to give me his, but I might just have to buy some next spring. It’s a sickness! I asked my husband for an ostrich this summer... he said no. I would have to give up my mini donkeys. Happy birding my friend.

Back
Top Bottom