Mini Geese are here!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by banter, Feb 19, 2009.

1. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    From Holderreads first release of a small breed of goose they've been working on for the last ten years. A mix of several small breeds including a Lesser White Breasted/domestic mix. They are very small, about the size of a medium duck. They seem to be sweet and friendly and are settling in very well. Sorry for the poor picture. They are in a dim barn for now. Better pics to follow. The two girls are white and gray and the boy is a blue splash.

[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

They are adorable! How much did they cost to ship?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I was eyeing some of those, myself! Let me know how you like them! I'm going there this spring for a pair of lavender sebbies, some more silkie ducks and another cayuga duck...

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    may I be first on your list? [​IMG]

5. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    You don't want to know! $148.00!-However, that is from Oregon to Maine-about as far as you can get! This is one year of presents to me from my DH!

6. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    If they set (don't know about this year) I will have eggs/goslings. I wish I could keep them all, but that's not going to happen!

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mini Geese?? Never heard of them...
    It's kinda neat though...There are mini everything now...horses, cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, and now geese...it's a little mini world out there..lol

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    We are moving this summer and those are first on my list as soon as we get settled! I can't wait!! SOOOO CUTE!!

9. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I was really surprised at how small they turned out to be. They are very solid, but I think they are between 5-7 or 8 lbs. They have a tiny honk too!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Mini geese, how neat! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by