Mini Incubator and silkie chick

THough1956

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
High Point North Carolina
My son gathered up 4 eggs and my big incubator was full.

I remembered that I had this tiny little incubator from when I had a 4H group. We fired it up and put his eggs in. Out of four eggs only 2 developed, 1 pipped and died in the shell. This little Silkie is the lone survivor!!

18487_salisbury_show_004.jpg

Awwww what is it? Splash, white, light blue.....? I tried using one of those incubators once....I was very young....I took it on vacation with me after I started incubating some eggs that my grandfather got from the grocery store. Plugged it in again once I got to my destination. Loved to carry the incubator wherever I went. Needless to say, none of my eggs hatched. In fact, after they incubated, I had to open them up to see what had happened. I was horrified to find completely cooked eggs
hide.gif
I don't do that anymore lol, and I think I was around seven years old when this happened. Too bad nobody in the family knew anything about chickens or incubation. They could have saved those poor eggs for eating. I think it's safe to say they were doomed to never hatch from the start
lau.gif

Now that it is dried and fluffy it looks lavender, maybe. I did have some in the coop where he got the egg.

I had not had this incubator out in like 20 years!! I think it was only used 1 time. But hey it worked!

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom