Mini pig pregnancy

Just FYI, well fed does NOT mean fat, especially for mini pigs, and most especially for mini pigs who may have been bred young.

Hopefully she is not bred yet. If you plan to breed, know that mini pigs are not like full size ones, who breed easily and often. Any female pig that is less than 80# WAIT to breed. If she's 80# at 15 months, you should be ok. If she's much smaller (and definitely if she's younger) you may well loose her. Especially if she's fat and has fat around her organs, squeezing her even tighter. It's a really fine line to walk with them.

Those tiny girls just don't have enough space inside, they can be damaged internally by pregnancy and birth. It's not a pretty way to go.

Tiny pigs are bred the same way as toy dogs - itsy males to larger-than-the-standard-calls-for females
Thank you for the advice! I definitely do not plan to breed. I’m more of the take-in-animals-who-need-help type of person and then find good homes for the babies or get them fixed if I can before. That’s how I got her! I met the people to get a goat and they needed the pig gone too so that’s how the story goes lol

Back
Top Bottom