(Mini Project #2.) Silver Shadow, breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see that the red isn't even all over. I can't decide whether it looks more like stripes or dots or stipling to me, and I don't know what causes it. It could be some gene, or even something as simple as feathers growing at an uneven rate (which can cause the pigment to be distributed unevenly.)
If you want, I can separate the feathers for a better look tomorrow?

He's always had the tiny bars, but not as clear until now.

I believe my F1 cross for my project Giant Silkies has these tiny bars too, & is also carrying Autosomal Red.

I'll have to look at his feathers tomorrow just to be sure.

Hello, this is more of an experimental breed project.

This project is to create a Gamefowl like bird, but without the Gameness. I want it resemble a Flarry Eye Grey.

Purpose: Ornamental.
Here I am trying to get traction on my single White Aseel project(Hens and roosters can't seem to cooperate when required) and you have like 6 breeding project going at the same time so I commend you for that.

Leghorns can look very game if you dub them, Flarry Eye Grey Rooster when not dubbed like like crested Legbar roosters without barring, so the I would say that the closes in body type and crest would be crested legbars without the barring gene, that would be a straight forward thing to do if you start with the right rooster and a CCL hen.

here is a Flarry Eyed Grey hen

images

Here I am trying to get traction on my single White Aseel project(Hens and roosters can't seem to cooperate when required) and you have like 6 breeding project going at the same time so I commend you for that.

Leghorns can look very game if you dub them, Flarry Eye Grey Rooster when not dubbed like like crested Legbar roosters without barring, so the I would say that the closes in body type and crest would be crested legbars without the barring gene, that would be a straight forward thing to do if you start with the right rooster and a CCL hen.

here is a Flarry Eyed Grey hen

images
I'm actually going one by one. A couple I've decided not to do.

I was actually planning to get some Light Brown Leghorns, since I learned that Leghorns have Gamefowl in their ancestry.

Also, some Flarry Eyed Greys actually have walnut instead of single combs, that makes me thing silkie was actually in their Heritage. With the connection to the crest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom