Mini Rooster

Chick whisper

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
Montana
So, a few weeks ago I added a bantam/English game rooster to my flock. My flock consists of 6 full grown birds and 10 pullets that are ten weeks old. The thing that is sad is that the rooster is smaller than the pullets. My question is whether he will be able to fertilize the eggs or will the he even be able to try mate the full grown birds. He seems to be getting along with them very well he spends all day with them and every morning he does his dance to the hens but they always just run away from him. Will he become dominant and mate the hens?:)

I have no exeperience with this, but the breeder we got our EEs from, she has one of those and the hen she calls its "gf" whom the rooster follows around and spends most of his time with, is alot larger than it. I should say things will work themselves out. My husband has been wanting one of that breed of rooster since he saw one when we picked out our EEs. Post some pics if you can, we would love to see yours!

So, a few weeks ago I added a bantam/English game rooster to my flock. My flock consists of 6 full grown birds and 10 pullets that are ten weeks old. The thing that is sad is that the rooster is smaller than the pullets. My question is whether he will be able to fertilize the eggs or will the he even be able to try mate the full grown birds. He seems to be getting along with them very well he spends all day with them and every morning he does his dance to the hens but they always just run away from him. Will he become dominant and mate the hens?
smile.png
Probably will learn dominate in order to mount, in time......
......but he might not be physically big enough to 'reach' and be an effective fertilizer.

When I had my little bantam D'Uccle roo he tried really hard but couldn't reach. He didn't make it much past the middle of my ladies' backs. The girls are Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rocks so much bigger than him. I gave him credit for trying though.

Back
Top Bottom