Mikeeeeeeeeee

Songster
12 Years
Jul 20, 2007
Wetumpka
Now I'm not sure what to call it.
The run is 3x3.
The coop is 3 x 20".
I pulled it in the garage this afternoon and put my 2 week old RIR chicks in there.

So.........is it a mini tractor?
Or a brooder tractor?
Or a Bractor?
Or.............I dont know, i'm confused now and my head hurts........
tongue.png

100_8751.jpg

100_8689.jpg

Nice design, wish I had one that small for a brooder, new hen, sick hen, etc. Think I'd call it a sub-compact tractor.

Yeah, looks like a nice broo-actor!
I like to use stuff like that for the youngins.
I like my chicks to get outside as soon as possible and have the earth under their claws. I bet your RIR will enjoy it immensely!
jumpy.gif

Thanks guys.
As soon as they feather out, I will drag it outside and start moving it all over.
Wont be long they will outgrow it though, and I will use it for the next batch of chicks.

( Gonna get me some BOs - oh yeah)

I'm currently breaking apart pallets as I get them, and am planning a 12x12 coop to be built entirely from recycled wood!

What are you using as litter? It looks like it might be cedar shavings? If so, you should swap that out for something else because cedar is toxic to chickens.

Cool, just had to do a double take because it looked kinda dark and reddish.
smile.png

BTW, the mini-tractor or tractorette looks great!

Perfect for little chickies!

Personally, I've been salivating over these gorgeous little 4 by 8 tractors that a few people sell on craigslist in my local area. They would be PERFECT for separating out some banties or a breeding trio or for chicks. They are completely enclosed with an open bottom and have wheels so you can move them around. Plus they are really cute.

The only problem is that they are crazy expensive...cheapest is $600. Yikes!

Looks like I will have to dust off my tools and get creative like you did!

Back
Top Bottom