Minimum order of chicks

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
Besides My Pet Chicken and Meyer Hatchery, are there any others that let you order only a few baby chicks?

Cackle will do as few as five (their city special) but they have to be all of the same breed. I want to be able to mix breeds, but not have to order 15, 25 or more chicks.

I don't think so. Chickens for Backyards is a wannabe MPC but charges astronomical prices. MPC/Meyer birds are excellent quality and very friendly, and my barred rocks are laying a jumbo egg every other day at 3yrs old. I think they are well worth the shipping price.

I found that with Ideal, unless I wanted to order really expensive chicks, I would have to get 12 standard laying breeds (barred rocks, etc). They also pack your box full of "packing peanuts", excess male chicks. So I guess it depends on what your ultimate goal is for chicks - do you only have space for 3-6, or could you order more? I found MPC to be well worth the money as I knew I was getting the breeds and sexes I wanted.

California Hatchery (californiahatchery.com) has low ,minimum order numbers

Bantams - 3, Silkie Chickens - 3, Standard Breed Chickens - 3

California Hatchery doesnt have a phone number and were very vague when I had e mailed them, when they returned my e mails. Not sure if I would deal with them.

Back
Top Bottom