minimum order?

Quote:
You'll want to brood them apart as they grow FAST and because they grow so fast, they need to eat alot, and what goes in comes out.

If you put them in a movable tractor outside, and keep it rotating, it won't be as bad cleaning wise. They are ready for the table at 8 weeks old. You can check out the meat bird section for more info on them. They are messier than standards, for the simple reason that by 8 weeks old, they will be LARGER than your standards at point of lay. So dirty litter that would collect over 5-6 months will collect in 8 weeks instead, giving the impression of yuckier birds.

They will be EXCELENT eating though!

Silkie Chicken - 8 weeks old, that is awesome! I might try this chicken tractor idea... only thing is, I don't want to have to process 20 birds myself. I wonder if any place local would do the dirty deed for me?

I ordered from Meyer hatchery. I ordered seven chicks, all girls, six different breeds. I received eight female chicks, all healthy and thriving. The extra chick was one of the breeds I wanted. Meyer has a large variety to choose from and a 90%+ sexing accuracy. The extra shipping charge was worth every penny to ensure I received the pets I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom