Minimum time between drinking and playing?

They are all mixes. The mountain cur had one parent purebred and the blue lacy is a weimernar mix both parents were purebred. The pitbull is mostly purebred. They are all amazing boys my wife and I really won the dog lottery with them.

They maybe rare breeds but if you ever watch Pitbulls and Parolees you know that dropping dogs on a country road is pretty common in Louisiana. I had never heard of a Blue Lacy until the DNA came back on him.

There are a lot of things vets have determined to factors that can lead to bloat. Drinking a lot can be one factor but it isn’t the only factor that causes bloat, it is multiple factors together over time.
What kind of breed is your puppy?
Some breeds are more susceptible to bloat than others.

You didn't list the Breed of dog it is.
A little bit of water and some zoomies are not usually going to cause bloat
Bloat is 'usually' seen more in dogs with the Deep barrel shapes chest.

With our Danes we fed 2x a day, AM they go out to run and pee, in to eat and they usually are lazy anyway so they just hang out for a while then go back out in 1/2 hour to poop. Weight of food makes them poop LOL.

When I fed dry food I made a slurry of 2 tablespoons of wet food into 1-2 cups water and mixed with dry food, let it sit to expand for 5-10 min then they got to eat.
When I fed Raw food it was a Mush, think slightly runny oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom