Mining a wealth of information

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nanner Puddin, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Nanner Puddin

Nanner Puddin New Egg

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi Yall,
    Just joined BYC forum today. Don't have any chickens as of yet, but am planning to get some. I've been raising rabbits for the past year in my little suburban Mississippi back yard and would really like to get a few chickens too. Have never had chickens before, so I have a lot to learn. I've really been enjoying reading your posts and am learning a lot from them. As soon as the weather cools off a little, I'm going to start building my coop and run. It's just too doggone hot to be outside that long right now! By then, hopefully, I'll have gleaned enough information from BYC to do it right.

2. CariLynn

CariLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    State of confusion
    Welcome to BYC! I too just joined, but I have had my little flock for oh, 2 and a half weeks now. They are pretty hardy little birds, easy to keep, and there is some great information on here.

3. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Chickens are easy to care for, but there's always something to learn and this is a great place to do so. when we built our coop we borrowed ideas from several coop designs on this site. This is my family's first year with chickens and its been fun, exciting(especially when they start laying eggs) and a great learning experience for us all.
    Good luck to you!

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, Az and [​IMG] I lurked here daily for two months before I got my birds. It's a great place to learn about chickens and get a few laughs along the way.

6. CoupeDeVille

CoupeDeVille Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2010
    New Hartford, Ct.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps