miniture pinschers

My sister bought a miniature pinscher 6 months ago. The breeder gave her some tips that I will pass along to you.

These dogs have it in their heads that they are the alpha dog. YOU have to correct that! Link, my sisters pinscher, has a bad problem with snapping at people. The breeder told her that when he gets out of line (just like snapping), grab him by the scruff and give him a firm shake while saying, "NO!" in a firm voice. I know this sounds mean, BUT like the breeder pointed out, this is natures way of correcting a problem puppy. This is exactly what the momma dog does when her little ones get out of line. So, it makes sense! Ironically, this is also the only form of discipline that Link will respond to. He gets out of line, and my sister takes up the roll of momma dog and Link submits.

Good luck with your new puppy! They are cute little dogs!
smile.png

That's funny - the blanket burrowing thing is also a very strong dachshund trait. I've never known one that didn't do it. I was told by a min pin breeder once that dachshunds were used in the original development of the breed, so that would make sense.

Here's a couple more pics I dug up of my coldblooded Minpin!

This is where she usually can be found
niki001.jpg

This is her in her leopard hoodie we bought for a trip to Tennessee

niki.jpg

I have a min pin (among various other breeds) and he is THE alpha of our pack (not counting me lol) He will even put our Neapolitan mastiff in her place. As for advice...be prepared for the Zoomies! (If you are unfamiliar with this term they are when your min pin will go crazy playing. They will zip and race and jump around ect. It is hilarious!) 'Rat' will also burrow under the blankets and sit in front of a heater till his fur singes!

88242-R1-17-9A.jpg

My dau bred mini pins (I think 3 litters) before she had Sadie spayed. They love to burrow under blankets, and are very hard to house break,Sometimes Sadie and Dobie will set at the edge of the fence just waitingfor my yorkie to go out side to bark at him, and they are fascinated by my chicken esp since the roo is larger then they are.But they are good with children Katie my ggd is only 17 months old and both the dogs and her have a ball together.Also hers is very good with her cat.Other than the barking they are great dogs. marrie

:| Well it turns out that we are not getting the puppie tomorrow because my family went fishing so we have decided to get it tomorrow but i have a question about taking care of the mini pin....

1. How often do you feed it?

Back
Top Bottom