Mink

I promise you...I took that picture with a Samsung phone and zoomed in. I was about 20 feet away. I had some closer contact with it earlier involving a rake haha but I never was good at hitting a moving target. I had given up and decided to get some pics to show the kids. The little thing was pretty persistent and kept hanging around.

How can you possibly know that?
I'm betting it had everything to do with a zoom lens.
Sure looks close tho, eh?

The angle ... look at where the ground is ... and the wheelbarrow?

I promise you...I took that picture with a Samsung phone and zoomed in. I was about 20 feet away. I had some closer contact with it earlier involving a rake haha but I never was good at hitting a moving target. I had given up and decided to get some pics to show the kids. The little thing was pretty persistent and kept hanging around.

Must have been up on a 20' ladder ... ;)

I've got a good air rifle too (Beeman R77 if it matters), but out of all the weapons at my disposal, that would be the last one I'd pick up to use on a mink, weasel, skunk, possum or other. At least one that was not in a trap and running around on the loose.

Even a dinky little Mossberg .410 pump shotgun you can buy at Walmart.....which holds 4 or 5 shells and burps out a lethal dose of lead at close quarters. About 5 to 20X the single pellet an air rifle would dispense and at a much higher velocity.

If you can get close enough to that mink to take those kind of photos he is close enough. A dead center body shot with even a .410 will leave him graveyard dead.

lol i wish walmart sold guns here in canada. but am more of a conibear man my self when dealing with mink.

Back
Top Bottom