Minnesota!

@Minniechickmamma It is so frustrating that we can't catch it in the act! Think your right about it being an owl for the birds in the smaller coop.
Not sure about the birds in the big run. Only because of the digging, one bird missing completely and the one I found in the swamp. Found the swamp one by following a mowed path and finding a feather every so often.
Thinking about it more, I have a feeling an owl is only one issue were dealing with.

@cluckies Thank you. I noticed last night a mole has started coming in the run. It is very devastating. The hen that was attacked the other night, was my son's pet.

I'm about ready to go all super secret ninja on it and hide in a tree all blacked out with night vision goggles and bug spray a whole Lotta bug spray.

@Minniechickmamma It is so frustrating that we can't catch it in the act! Think your right about it being an owl for the birds in the smaller coop.
Not sure about the birds in the big run. Only because of the digging, one bird missing completely and the one I found in the swamp. Found the swamp one by following a mowed path and finding a feather every so often.
Thinking about it more, I have a feeling an owl is only one issue were dealing with.

You may have a fox too. That sounds more like their MO to take a bird away and eat it away from the site they stole it from. I would guess a lone male who does't have a family to feed or it would take several.

@cluckies Thank you. I noticed last night a mole has started coming in the run. It is very devastating. The hen that was attacked the other night, was my son's pet.

I'm about ready to go all super secret ninja on it and hide in a tree all blacked out with night vision goggles and bug spray a whole Lotta bug spray.

Then they critter will crawl down out of the tree above you and stop to sit on your lap.
lau.gif
Good luck. If you have an extra Ninja suit, let me know. Nothing in the traps again.

Sorry about your sons bird, terrible!

I can picture you in the tree all in black ready to leap, lol I'll tell you though, somedays! If I had a predator, i think this is exactly what I would do. or sleep in the coop/run for a few nights with night vision goggles and my compound bow!
somad.gif
DH probably wouldn't appreciate it, but, oh well! lol

Minnie I am so so very sorry to hear of all your trouble. This was the last thing you needed right now! I hope u catch those dirty buggers!

Minnie I am so so very sorry to hear of all your trouble. This was the last thing you needed right now! I hope u catch those dirty buggers!

My husband and son saw one tonight coming out of the tree line to the north of the granary and house. I moved the two cage traps and have two hand traps set by each tractor. I saw where they were digging last night and gave up around the bachelor tractor. I had to secure the wire on one gate going into the Buckeye hens' pen tonight before I came in. I am getting tired of this and the battles have just begun!
It is too dark and I don't have night googles, otherwise I would be sitting out there with the boom stick tonight. I got a good feeling I will catch something though.

Back
Top Bottom