Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Anybody in Stevens County?

2. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    EGB, I have 3 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten pullets hatched from Peachick eggs ( and 5 roos Ha HA) They haven't started laying yet , but I will have eggs available if they ever do.

grammypam- congrats on the Marans egg, it beautiful...I'm still waiting for my 3 to start laying.

Vcomb- so excited to have you. I love Polish so much. Right now only have a pair of "Crele" Polish, and 2 Buff-laced cockerals. Would LOVE to get some Tolbunt and be able to work on that project.

MNckn bdr- hello to you too. Had to Google Stevens county. Kinda far from me. I'm in Isanti. Looks to be straight East of you quite a ways....

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Quote:How far from Minneapolis are you? Would be interested in viewing your creles [​IMG]

4. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    Vcomb,

I am a little far from Mpls. Just Google map Braham, Mn. I am about 70 miles from my daughter's house in St Paul. You are welcome anytime to see my Creles. I have seen some discussion on whether or not they are actually "crele". Something about needing to use duckwing to create crele.

Regardless, I think they are very pretty. They are pretty kooky, as are most Polish [​IMG], but probably due to their not being able to see that well.

As soon as the weather gets a little warmer, I will get them penned up and start collecting eggs. I just recently moved up here, and the cold weather hit before I could get too much done in the barn. I just recently got all my roos penned up and out of the way of the hens. There is finally peace in the barn. Now I need to build pens for my breeds, and get the hens pure. But I am a big wimp in the cold, and it will take me a while.

*Can't wait for the opportunity to learn from you*

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. tabetta

tabetta New Egg

May 30, 2010
    i live in duluth and we are not allowed to have roosters within city limits, but check out duluth chicken club on facebook, quite a few members from the area and a few people collect chickens, you may find someone on there. good luck!!

6. Caincando1

Caincando1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Dodge Center MN
    I wish I would have found this thread earlier. I'm in SE MN in Dodge County just south of Dodge Center and work in Rochester.

7. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
    [​IMG] caincando ! Near Oronoco here. So we are not far apart. [​IMG]

8. Wegs813

Wegs813 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Caincando....we are very close. I am a few miles west of Dodge Center and a mile south of 14.

9. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Hello -Caincando1

I don't live too far from you. I am south of Blooming Prairie.

[​IMG]

10. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
    Anyone interested in Wheaton/Blue Wheaton Ameraucana Roosters? I have 3 that need new homes. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by