Minnesota!

I had great luck finding my chickens from a trusted person here, Thanks Minniechickmama, so, now I'm looking for a friend who is interested in raising chickens. He is looking for around 10-12 and I think he would like them to be close to laying age, if not laying now. Not sure what breeds he wants. just trying to see if anyone out there might be a good fit for him somewhere between St. Paul and Baldwin,WI. Lets say 30 miles from Hudson.

I had great luck finding my chickens from a trusted person here, Thanks Minniechickmama, so, now I'm looking for a friend who is interested in raising chickens. He is looking for around 10-12 and I think he would like them to be close to laying age, if not laying now. Not sure what breeds he wants. just trying to see if anyone out there might be a good fit for him somewhere between St. Paul and Baldwin,WI. Lets say 30 miles from Hudson.
[/quote

I'm on her list for chickens.

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I just have this feeling that I need some nice Buckeyes!
idunno.gif

Anyone in the Mora, Milaca, Princeton, Cambridge or Elk River areas have (or will have) kittens available? Looking for some mousers for the barn. Would prefer two males that are in the 8-12 week old range.

So if you would get illegal chickens, say 5, what would you get and why? For instance, less noisy and less flighty. I would never be able to free range because it would be too risky that they'd get over to the neighbors. One neighbor would probably be okay with it, especially if there were eggs in it for them....and I wouldn't mind GIVING them some, if I got to be a chicken keeper.

Random chickens: First of all I love that you want chickens! Have you tried going to your city council to see if they will reverse laws. Chickening has been going bonkers and cities are rolling back their ordinances in waves. I would try that first to be honest. Hens are generally pretty quiet...but sometimes when they lay their pretty little eggs they sing an egg song that is FAR from quiet....and if you have a sketchy neighbor you will have the police knocking on your door and animal control picking up your birds or you scrambling to find adequate homes for these fun creatures.

Random chickens: First of all I love that you want chickens!  Have you tried going to your city council to see if they will reverse laws.  Chickening has been going bonkers and cities are rolling back their ordinances in waves.  I would try that first to be honest.  Hens are generally pretty quiet...but sometimes when they lay their pretty little eggs they sing an egg song that is FAR from quiet....and if you have a sketchy neighbor you will have the police knocking on your door and animal control picking up your birds or you scrambling to find adequate homes for these fun creatures.

All of that being well known and understood...I still would love to know what would you get and why? I really would adore the conversation. I have some of my own opinions and ideas, but I'd like to know yours.

Many of the standard breeds sold will sing an egg song or bock-bock loudly if threatened. Easter Eggers are flighty. My silkie has been on the quieter side.

And I'm a big fan of being neighborly and don't really condone illegal flocks, especially for the chickens' sake to be honest...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom