Minnesota!

Hi all! New to the chicken world and just wanted to pop in and say hello. We bought a hobby farm last November between New Ulm and Mankato. This will be our first year having chickens
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Does anyone here have any olive egger chicks available around March 23rd? Or any blue egg layers? I placed my order with Murray McMurray and if at all possible I would like to raise them all together. TY!

Does anyone here have any olive egger chicks available around March 23rd? Or any blue egg layers? I placed my order with Murray McMurray and if at all possible I would like to raise them all together. TY!

I cannot guarantee the color eggs the chicks would lay, but I have some olive eggs from my EE, if you want to throw them in the incubator and raise them your welcome to them.

Here is a chick hatched out of my eggs around first of January...

I post it just cause it is so darn cute!!!

Last edited:
Scott,
Don't hold it against them. I have had to put people off longer than I have wanted for chicks getting hatched. It hasn't been as bad as last year, but this year has been no picnic for hatching so far.

With that....WELCOME NEWBIES!!! If anyone is looking for chicks this Spring or possibly started birds in late Spring or Summer, give me a shout and see what I have!

Ralphie, I worry that Bert is more man-bird than your average hen can handle. He has such a great personality though. I can tell from all the stories you tell about him!
Yeah, no hard feelings from me at all as I understand things happen. On the flip side, it's like pushing Christmas from December 25th to January 7th. LOL.

Oh, TY! I don't have an incubator. Was just hoping maybe somebody would have a few extra from their own hatching
smile.png

Too bad your so far away, I would gladly throw some eggs in the incubator, I am impatient to hatch. I just do not want to raise chicks this early.

TOMORROW IS BERT DAY!

I will be letting Bert out tomorrow Feb 28Th to see if he sees his shadow. If he does we have only 16 more weeks of winter, If he does not we have a full 4 months of winter left....

OHHH!! I hope Bert sees his shadow!!
fl.gif
;) The sunshine has been so nice these last couple days. Sure helps make it feel like spring really might be coming after all. AHH! And to see the sun shining in the coop window this morning was so pretty.

BTW did we ever really decide on a get together place? What if we tried more central MN and do a BBQ at a park? Could do something like a potluck type thing and it could be more of a family affair. What do you all think of that?

OHHH!!   I hope Bert sees his shadow!! :fl   ;)  The sunshine has been so nice these last couple days.  Sure helps make it feel like spring really might be coming after all.  AHH!  And to see the sun shining in the coop window this morning was so pretty.

BTW did we ever really decide on a get together place?  What if we tried more central MN and do a BBQ at a park?  Could do something like a potluck type thing and it could be more of a family affair.  What do you all think of that?

That sounds great!!!

Back
Top Bottom