Minnesota!

Hello Everybody!
I seem to have caught the hen bug, all I can think about is adding a couple more hens to my flock
big_smile.png

I've looked at craigslist but nothing seems to have caught my eye. I am wondering if you guys have anything available. I am interested in many different breeds. here are some of the breeds I'm interested in: Welsummers, Marans, Americaunas, Speckled Sussex, Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, Delaware, Cochin, and Silkie. I'm not picky, but i would prefer pullets because I already have too many roos!
Thank you
smile.png
Oh Honey, let me feed your new addiction!!! I have younger birds, I know. I may have the older ones sold already. By younger, I mean 1-3 months.
Welsummers, New Hampshires, Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers, MAYbe a Buckeye or two, and MAYbe a Silkie or two, and MAYbe a bantam Salmon Faverolle or two. I can sex what I have. I am in Zumbrota.

Oh Honey, let me feed your new addiction!!!  I have younger birds, I know.  I may have the older ones sold already.  By younger, I mean 1-3 months.

Welsummers, New Hampshires, Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers, MAYbe a Buckeye or two, and MAYbe a Silkie or two, and MAYbe a bantam Salmon Faverolle or two.  I can sex what I have.  I am in Zumbrota.

Drove through Zumbrota yesterday. Beautiful area!
Lots and lots and lots of corn...

Oh Honey, let me feed your new addiction!!!  I have younger birds, I know.  I may have the older ones sold already.  By younger, I mean 1-3 months.

Welsummers, New Hampshires, Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers, MAYbe a Buckeye or two, and MAYbe a Silkie or two, and MAYbe a bantam Salmon Faverolle or two.  I can sex what I have.  I am in Zumbrota.
I would be interested in the welsummers.

Good job on the coon!! My grandpa has been catching coons lately to. They r eating out of and destroying his bird feeders and he has poultry that dont go in a coop at night so he is trying to keep them safe to.

Are racoons edible?

Depends on how hungry you are...

I ate smoked raccoon about 50 years ago, as I recall it did not taste a lot different than the muskrat does.

I went to clean out the hatcher as the last eggs had a hatch date of the 6th on them, I opened it and was greeted by a freshly hatched keet.. So I closed the lid added water and will wait another day or two. The humidity was at 44% before I lifted the lid so it was not that bad, and incase you think I am practicing animal cruelty to a keet, I did look this morning and had no chicks then.

Also I have 73 CX's alive after 36 hours! I did lose a poult last night, not sure why it was maybe 2 weeks old. I increased the protein to them to 28% just incase 22 was not enough. I have not lost many all spring/summer and then 2 out of this batch, and I have done nothing different. Weird...

My senior high birds are being moved tonight, they are going to their permanent coop. I have the run enclosed and they will spend the next 10 days locked up. I am going to leave the 5 older birds that live in that coop with them. I figure the turkeys are so stupid they need the older birds to show them how to use the ramp in and out of the coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom