Minnesota!

Yes it was great to be there for your support!!! I am s glad that it got approved. If you need fertile eggs I'm not that far from you.
It is always nice to see a face to the name. I have chicks available right now. He he he he
yippiechickie.gif
:highfive:

What breeds do you have fertile eggs for?

Congrats Erlibird and Triplell. And way to go Crow Wing. It will be interesting to see what specifications they give for roosters. If it's just town or the areas they consider lake shore areas. One step at a time I guess. In the mean time.
clap.gif

yesss.gif

I'm helping a friend with 7 of his birds...as he was having aerial predator problems and he's wanting to build a coop closer to the house. In the meantime I went from 10-17 in the coop. Hopefully he had some progress on that coop this weekend. All is well as I've added roost space and we're free ranging during the day...but still I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about this sort of chicken math. 10-17 is quite a leap.

Tell me about it, In two years I have gone from 11 hens to 90 with two broody's with 8 chicks plus 1 lone duckling. I do need to get rid of some laying hens and all the ducks. PM me if interested.

OMG Triplell! LOL. 90?! I could never do it. I find my 10 completely time consuming. Between the Frozen comb/wattles/toe on my Roo, ripped open sides on my hen from spurs, some barebacks, bumble feet mini surgeries, worming, a case of blackhead this summer, now a lame RIR...it's more than I anticipated in this chickening. It's a labor of love so I do understand the tendency of Chicken Math...LOL.

Last edited:
I was up to 90+ chickens, now I'm down to 40. The feed bill is killing me. I had 13 call ducks, but sold 4 today. I just have to keep whittling away at my flock. I don't want to give any up though. Ideally I'd like 25 chickens and less than 10 ducks.

Black brook, you may someday get to that number, but its hard to keep it there! I'm somewhat lucky that I'm in the city. Forces me to limit my numbers.

Back
Top Bottom