Minnesota!

Holm Grats on being a great Photographer..

Not meaning to copy BC. But where in the *(you know)* find the winning pictures?

Looks like rain coming from the NW on my IPhone app. it could be raining in Togo right now. I hope that stops before Thursday.

I am glad you got help. but he left some kind of strange object on the roof?

Does anyone know what that is? I have never seen one of those used in chicken construction.

I am not sure I have ever seen one of those things anywhere but in a museum. Sure wish I could remember what it is and what is does.
I have seen those around. I really don't understand it but they are called a square even though they are more of a triangle shape. I believe it's just a decoration of some sort. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone else could chime in with a better answer.

I have seen those around. I really don't understand it but they are called a square even though they are more of a triangle shape. I believe it's just a decoration of some sort. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone else could chime in with a better answer.

Really, it is called a square?

I have heard the terms "square and plumb" used by some people that try to build things, but I was always under the impression those were abstract terms and really only used in fairy tales.

I am glad you got help. but he left some kind of strange object on the roof?

Does anyone know what that is?  I have never seen one of those used in chicken construction.

I am not sure I have ever seen one of those things anywhere but in a museum.   Sure wish I could remember what it is and what is does.

I believe that is called a 'speed square'. Used frequently by framers and the like. Besides marking square it also can be used for measuring angles and stuff

I believe that is called a 'speed square'. Used frequently by framers and the like. Besides marking square it also can be used for measuring angles and stuff

Speed square, rafters square, large square, small square, it is all just strange, As far as I am concerned square has no business in construction, it ruins the aesthetics'

The proper way to make an angle or corner is put two boards together and screw or nail them at an angle approximately close to what you want!

Last edited:
Speed square, rafters square, large square, small square, it is all just strange, As far as I am concerned square has no business in construction, it ruins the aesthetics'

The proper way to make an angle or corner is put two boards together and screw or nail them at an angle approximately close to what you want!
That method is my go too ralphie. especially for deer stands. good from far far from good

T - square.....

Is he perty cyrus? Some of them are pretty neat looking...not looking at my coop of course. But of the wild dogs....I like seeing Foxes.

Raining, wind, colder.

MEA weekend coming up. The people with the teeny tiny cabin next door come up this weekend. And they sit in their car and steal my wi-fi. Trying to get a password put on it after 8 years has been impossible. Maybe I should just shop for a new router right now...get that sucker put on before they get up here. They only come up on MEA. Not Memorial, Not the 4th...just MEA. They are sorta nice but I don't like that they are taking my speed with out even asking.

I'm going to stalk holm's page to see if I can find that picture.

Had a great day yesterday as a extended family get together. Small group, good memories, great potluck and who could have planned that weather a few months back when the get together was planned? DH and I need to finish the new run. I am planning on wrapping the whole thing in plastic to help weather it - this is my first winter with chickens. DH is now planning to put electric in so the water can be top of a font. Love, love, love those chickies.

Two BA and two WA or WR this spring. I want to weather the winter to find out what it is like having hens first before I add more.

Been reading the posts and if they are not read daily its alot of reading. Good to hear about Camp day. Wonder what I will be like if it is ever my turn. Neighbor next door wants to raise meat birds this next year. I think I would like to experience 'camp' day with him - once. He wants eggs so we are bartering. I am lucky with the one neighbor I have (I only have one.)

Back
Top Bottom