Minnesota!

Sometimes personal thoughts and life's philosophies intrude on otherwise amiable relationships. That is unfortunate and can't always be avoided, but I do not take things personally if at all possible.
I grew up in small town Minnesota. We did not raise any animals which were for the kitchen table, but I do not understand the vegetarian or vegan lifestyle?
We fished and hunted and used the meat for dinner, but I certainly understand those that do not wish to do so.
To me GMO vs nonGMO and climate change are not political issues. They are a matter of science, and if someone can provide me with scientifically proven facts supporting their viewpoint I am happy to receive it.
I am neither a Republican or Democrat but am more politically aware than 95% of the populace. Ok maybe than 99%? I try not to share my views as relates to those topics here, but I am not always successful?
I answer any private messages which I receive from this site, and there are some on here that can't say that in honesty. That does not relate to anything political or which would be considered controversial.
An inquiry as to whether you would have chickens of a particular breed available at any time would be worthy of some reply?

For my contribution to this situation, I'm sorry.
And Ralphie, I know you are lurking about, when you are ready, we'll be glad to see ya'.

Last edited:
My Broody hen is no longer broody! I can't remember who gave me the advice to put her in broody jail, but it worked great - thanks!

Big time thunder early this morning - anybody get heavy rain?

My personal thought, kids should know where there food comes from and share with the work, keeping a small garden ect. My opinion. I love having chickens. Chickens for all, go chickens.
From the mouths of babes.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I say no more.

It was sprinkling at 8:30 when I took my DD to the Dr. It was coming down hard when we got there in the next town over. I came back through pouring rain. I think I am going to get wet doing chores. The good thing is, I got rid of those 50 or so birds last week and moved almost all the birds in from the outer paddocks to the covered runs. Still the roof runs off along where I have the gates. I should have made a longer eave, but I may have another plan to remedy that.

I hope y'all stay dry. Keep warm too as I think the good days have left us until next Spring.

Have a good day!

Yup, looking like a soggy week. Our forecast is for rain through Wednesday and then it turns to snow. At this point I'd rather just have a bunch of snow, all this wetness is just making things so gross!
sickbyc.gif

Yup, looking like a soggy week. Our forecast is for rain through Wednesday and then it turns to snow. At this point I'd rather just have a bunch of snow, all this wetness is just making things so gross! :sick

Agree! This reminds me of German winters. Dreary rain, dreary rain, dreary rain. Makes you want to gulp Prozac with bourbon.

Back
Top Bottom