Minnesota!

I would not be surprised if there are more predators than you think there. My step dad lives in st. Paul, a couple blocks from McAllister college. His neighbor has 3 chickens, they have seen raccon, fox, and coyote trying to get to those girls.
sad.png
More predators than I've seen out here in Nowthen.

Good luck in Hutch Minnie!

Thank you!

Hi everyone! Nice to see some action here!
I'm so excited about tomorrow - have never been to a poultry show other than the State Fair.

@Minniechickmama. How often do you deworm?

Yep. It is slow here at my favorite forum. So busy.
Chickens have been very happy. I have little to no problems. They have been sleeping in their run alot. No predetors where i live so i think they feel safe. But i came home last night and they suddenly were all in the coop but one. Maybe something scared them. Boss chicken was still purched in the run on the coop door. She always gets jealous if a different chicken gets attention and pecks at them.

I never had any issues until recently. I've been running a duck buffet here for something. I saw a possum about two weeks ago, but haven't sighted it again since then. My game cameras haven't picked anything up. One of my Cochins also didn't make it back to the coop tonight, but sometimes they're just slow and have to bed down. She's probably trying to hatch a nest of rocks or something
big_smile.png

@scandiafowl , I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'll be worming in the Fall and Spring. Also, Wazine is pretty dang cheap at Fleet Farm right now for those that use it as a wormer. I picked some up the other day.

I do the Spring and Fall. Fall I do after a majority of them finish molt and they are getting close to turning up lights to get them laying.

I use Wazine in Spring since they are in pens over Winter, and then the Safeguard in Fall after they have been outside and may have picked up other parasites. Since Safeguard will take care of more than the Wazine.

I do the Spring and Fall. Fall I do after a majority of them finish molt and they are getting close to turning up lights to get them laying.

I use Wazine in Spring since they are in pens over Winter, and then the Safeguard in Fall after they have been outside and may have picked up other parasites. Since Safeguard will take care of more than the Wazine.

What Safeguard do you use?

Back
Top Bottom